主题:【求助】XRD衍射仪X光管产生X射线检测样品的深度

浏览0 回复6 电梯直达
keshi1990
结帖率:
100%
关注:0 |粉丝:0
新手级: 新兵
在XRD衍射仪中X光管产生的X射线检测样品的深度一般是多少,与测样光束的宽度有没有直接关系?与待测样品的材质有没有关系?与衍射光路的接收器(探测器)有没有关系?X射线对测样的深度能否根据需求进行调节?待测样品的高度对X射线检测有何影响,待测样品越高检测的2Theta的起始角越大?
为您推荐
您可能想找: X射线衍射仪(XRD) 询底价
专属顾问快速对接
立即提交
xujun16
结帖率:
100%
在XRD衍射仪中X光管产生的X射线检测样品的深度一般是多少?

The depth for X-ray penetration is only dependent on X-ray wavelength and material composition

Prove:
I = I0 X exp(-ux), where u is linear absorption coeff., x is the sample thickness, I0 is the beam intensitiy, I is the transmission intensity.

figure:
----> I0  IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII -----> I
                      x

suppose: X-ray passes a material and reduces the amount of transmitted X-ray intensity by half.

1/2 x I0 = I0 x exp ( -u x)
--> ln1 - ln2 = -ux, ln1 = 0, ln2 = 0.693,
therefore,
x = 0.693/u

you can check the u value on some websites which is only depdent on the wavelength, then you can calculate the sample thickness and the intensitiy transmitted.
赞贴
收藏
拍砖
2016/5/8 21:08:37 Last edit by xujun16
keshi1990
结帖率:
100%
原文由 xujun16(xujun16) 发表:
在XRD衍射仪中X光管产生的X射线检测样品的深度一般是多少?

The depth for X-ray penetration is only dependent on X-ray wavelength and material composition

Prove:
I = I0 X exp(-ux), where u is linear absorption coeff., x is the sample thickness, I0 is the beam intensitiy, I is the transmission intensity.

figure:
----> I0  IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII -----> I
                      x

suppose: X-ray passes a material and reduces the amount of transmitted X-ray intensity by half.

1/2 x I0 = I0 x exp ( -u x)
--> ln1 - ln2 = -ux, ln1 = 0, ln2 = 0.693,
therefore,
x = 0.693/u

you can check the u value on some websites which is only depdent on the wavelength, then you can calculate the sample thickness and the intensitiy transmitted.
能否详细的讲解一下关于U的含义,如何确定U的形式,非常感谢您的讲解。
iangie
结帖率:
100%
原文由 xujun16(xujun16) 发表:
Well, to be exactly ... it is also depends on packing density of powders. :)
iangie
结帖率:
100%
原文由 keshi1990(v3096376) 发表:
能否详细的讲解一下关于U的含义,如何确定U的形式,非常感谢您的讲解。

It should not be "U", it should be "μ".
Please google "linear absorption coefficient"
xujun16
结帖率:
100%
谢谢iangie兄的补充和纠正。it is also depends on packing density of powders. It should not be "U", it should be "μ".

能否详细的讲解一下关于U的含义,如何确定U的形式。

首先得了解X射线的作用机理,when X-ray interacts with matters, it can cause elastic scattering (diffraction), inelastic scattering (compton scattering) and absorption (it will produce fluorescence background and heat the sample).

When absorption occurs, the μ (linear absorption coefficient) can be considered as the parameter which gives information about how strong a matter can absorb the X-ray. Therefore, the larger the μ, the stronger the matter can absorb the X-ray.

How to use the u, the linear absorption coefficient?

for example, X-ray wavelength is about 1.54 A, u/p (the mass absorption coefficient) = 49.6 cm2/g for aluminum (Al), p is the density of a substance. here, for Al, p is 2.70 g/cm3.
(for these values, you can check the book X-Ray Diffraction Crystallography by Yoshio Waseda  Eiichiro Matsubara Kozo Shinoda, Page 291)

therefore, u (the linear absorption coefficient) = u/p x p = 134 (cm-1)

therefore, x = 0.693/u = 0.693/134 cm = 5.17e-3 cm.

the result is the intensity of X-ray with wavelength 1.54 A will be reduced to half, if the thickness of Al film is 5.17e-3 cm.

如果有错,谢谢大家纠正补充。
赞贴
收藏
拍砖
2016/5/16 17:12:32 Last edit by xujun16
仗剑少年游
结帖率:
100%
猜你喜欢 最新推荐 热门推荐
品牌合作伙伴