浏览0 回复6 电梯直达
金水楼台先得月
结帖率:
100%
关注:0 |粉丝:0
新手级: 新兵
悬赏金额:20积分 状态: 已解决
准备到SCI发表,期望大家把它翻译的地道点,本人不胜感激。。。。

“摘要:介绍了2007-2010年来WDXRF在我国地质行业的应用现状,包括仪器研制进展;地球化学样品微量元素的测定(粉末压片);多种类型地质样品中主、次量元素的测定(熔片技术);各种类型铁矿石样品主、次元素的测定(熔片技术);矿物矿石中多种金属成分的测定(薄样技术)。”
推荐答案:天黑请闭眼回复于2011/04/22
Abstract:
In this paper, we introduced the application status of Wavelength Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence (WDXRF) Spectrometer in the geology research field of China. Various progress are involved in, such as the develop and research of WDXRF instrument, the trace element measurement of geochemistry specimens (tablet press), the measurement of main and minor elements in versatile geology specimens and iron ores (fusion welds), the measurement of multi-metallic compositions in minerals (thin film).

有些术语不是很清楚,只能大致猜测,供你参考。
补充答案:

影子回复于2011/04/22

将金水和谢老师的综合了一下:
Abstract: To introduce the application status of WDXRF in geology research field of China between 2007 and 2010. Including the progress of instrument development; the determination of trace elements in geochemistry sample (pressed power pellet), the determination of major or minor elements in various type geology sample and iron ore sample (fuse piece technique); and the determination of various metal compositions in mineral ore (thin sample technique)
希望poorlittle老师给指正一二,呵呵

poorlittle回复于2011/04/23

I am not at the position to criticize the abstract posted although I think that there may be room for improvement#, but I have a suggestion from literal point of view that the word “” can be omitted as we usually write “2007” or “2007-2010”.

(# “仪器研制进展属于应用? “矿石"属于矿物的一种吗? Also see “Essential elements of the abstract” in http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/writing_center/grabstract.html )

For the translation to English, I suggest:

Abstract:
This paper* introduces the application of Wavelength Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence (WDXRF) Spectrometer in China in the field of geology during the period from 2007 to 2010.  The scope of application includes the progress in the research and manufacture of equipment; the determination of
微量元素 in the 地球化学样品 (粉末压片); the determination of主、次量元素 in 多种类型地质样品(熔片技术); the determination of主、次元素 in各种类型铁矿石样品(熔片技术); the determination of多种金属成分 of 矿物矿石(薄样技术) 

(* Some tips from the internet do not recommend commencing the abstract with "this paper…”, "this report…" or similar, however, I do not have better idea.)

= = = = = =

The translation of technical terms can be searched from http://dict.cnki.net/ or from internet:

1.          Use the Chinese technical term plus one possible English word as key words;

2.          The full English technical terms may be obtained (Several different English technical terms may appear);

3.          Use the most possible English technical term only (no Chinese term) as key words to search again.  You will get many English websites this time;

4.          Read the information in those websites to see whether the English technical term is equivalent to the Chinese technical term to be translated;

5.          Choose the most appropriate one.

There are several translations for “” “”dependent on the meaning (qualitative or quantitative) in the paper :

: main, basic, major, primary, key, essential, majority

: minor, secondary, minority

为您推荐
您可能想找: 气相色谱仪(GC) 询底价
专属顾问快速对接
立即提交
可能感兴趣
影子
结帖率:
100%
这个也太专业了,不好翻译呀,你可以翻一下大家帮你改吧?
金水楼台先得月
结帖率:
100%
原文由 影子(hyheying) 发表:
这个也太专业了,不好翻译呀,你可以翻一下大家帮你改吧?

Abstract:Introduced the present condition Applied in our country geology profession in the last 10 years, including The instrument develops progress ;the measurement of geochemistry sample trace elements (the powder presses a slice) ; the measurement of Various type geology sample and iron mine stone sample major minor elements t ( fusion slice technique) ; Various measurementsof metal compositions in the mineral mineral stone(the thin sample technique)
帮我改改吧
天黑请闭眼
结帖率:
100%
Abstract:
In this paper, we introduced the application status of Wavelength Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence (WDXRF) Spectrometer in the geology research field of China. Various progress are involved in, such as the develop and research of WDXRF instrument, the trace element measurement of geochemistry specimens (tablet press), the measurement of main and minor elements in versatile geology specimens and iron ores (fusion welds), the measurement of multi-metallic compositions in minerals (thin film).

有些术语不是很清楚,只能大致猜测,供你参考。
影子
结帖率:
100%
将金水和谢老师的综合了一下:
Abstract: To introduce the application status of WDXRF in geology research field of China between 2007 and 2010. Including the progress of instrument development; the determination of trace elements in geochemistry sample (pressed power pellet), the determination of major or minor elements in various type geology sample and iron ore sample (fuse piece technique); and the determination of various metal compositions in mineral ore (thin sample technique)
希望poorlittle老师给指正一二,呵呵
赞贴
收藏
拍砖
2011/4/23 10:15:12 Last edit by hyheying
poorlittle
结帖率:
100%
I have never written a thesis and also seldom read thesis.  It seems that there are certain specific formats for abstract; however, I even don’t know whether present tense or past tense, active voice or passive vice is more appropriate in writing an abstract.

I am going to study now.

= = = = = =

From http://www.ehow.com/how_2319087_write-thesis-abstract.html

How to Write a Thesis Abstract

X

Contributing Writer

1  Write your abstract last, after completing the final draft of your thesis. If you write it any earlier you run the risk of it not being as accurate as it should be.

1        Keep it brief. Be precise and concrete in the language you use. Your abstract should be no longer than two paragraphs in length.

2        State why your thesis is important and worth reading. You need to sell your reader on your work.

3        Give the reader an idea of what to expect by giving a context and overview of the argument or results.

4        Include important words and phrases that can be found in the larger work. This way a search engine is more likely to single out your thesis

From http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/writing_center/grabstract.html

Voice

Scientists have grappled for years over the appropriate way to talk about discoveries: should it be

"We measured ion concentration in the blood"

Or

"Ion concentration in the blood was measured"?

Modern scientific style prefers the active voice. Abstracts are often an exception, but only if the passive voice reduces the total number of letters and words.

Don’ts

[list=disc]
  • Do not commence with "this paper…”, "this report…" or similar. It is better to write about the research than about the paper.
  • Do not explain the sections or parts of the paper.
  • Avoid sentences that end in "…is described", "…is reported", "…is analyzed" or similar.
  • Do not begin sentences with "it is suggested that…” "it is believed that…", "it is felt that…"or similar. In every case, the four words can be omitted without damaging the essential message.
  • Do not repeat or rephrase the title.
  • Do not refer in the abstract to information that is not in the document.
  • If possible, avoid trade names, acronyms, abbreviations, or symbols. You would need to explain them, and that takes too much room.

Referring to the tips marked in red above, I realize why Shxie amended WDXRF to “Wavelength Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence (WDXRF) Spectrometer

= = = = = =

From the examples I just read, most of the abstracts were written in present tense.

= = = = = =

It is late, to be continued to-morrow.
  • poorlittle
    结帖率:
    100%
    I am not at the position to criticize the abstract posted although I think that there may be room for improvement#, but I have a suggestion from literal point of view that the word “” can be omitted as we usually write “2007” or “2007-2010”.

(# “仪器研制进展属于应用? “矿石"属于矿物的一种吗? Also see “Essential elements of the abstract” in http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/writing_center/grabstract.html )

For the translation to English, I suggest:

Abstract:
    This paper* introduces the application of Wavelength Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence (WDXRF) Spectrometer in China in the field of geology during the period from 2007 to 2010.  The scope of application includes the progress in the research and manufacture of equipment; the determination of
    微量元素 in the 地球化学样品 (粉末压片); the determination of主、次量元素 in 多种类型地质样品(熔片技术); the determination of主、次元素 in各种类型铁矿石样品(熔片技术); the determination of多种金属成分 of 矿物矿石(薄样技术) 

(* Some tips from the internet do not recommend commencing the abstract with "this paper…”, "this report…" or similar, however, I do not have better idea.)

= = = = = =

The translation of technical terms can be searched from http://dict.cnki.net/ or from internet:

1.          Use the Chinese technical term plus one possible English word as key words;

2.          The full English technical terms may be obtained (Several different English technical terms may appear);

3.          Use the most possible English technical term only (no Chinese term) as key words to search again.  You will get many English websites this time;

4.          Read the information in those websites to see whether the English technical term is equivalent to the Chinese technical term to be translated;

5.          Choose the most appropriate one.

There are several translations for “” “”dependent on the meaning (qualitative or quantitative) in the paper :

: main, basic, major, primary, key, essential, majority

: minor, secondary, minority
    猜你喜欢最新推荐热门推荐更多推荐
    品牌合作伙伴