主题:【佳句美文】和你分享的5句话-Five points to share with you

浏览0 回复28 电梯直达
六脉神剑
结帖率:
100%
关注:0 |粉丝:0
新手级: 新兵
该帖子已被happyjyl设置为精华;
从网上看到一个短文,英语优美且颇具哲理,恰好有学有余力者附上了优美的译文,自己不敢独享!
为了吊大家的胃口,先给出英文,然后给出译文,让你看看是否理解对了?另外译者的水准是否很高!!
1 Excellence is a habit
Aristotle, the greatest philosopher of ancient Greece, once said this. If excellence is a habit, laziness, then, is too. People have different tempers from their nature by the time they were born, but all other traits are shaped after that, by family influence and nurture.Therefore, what we say and do are habits accrued by time. Some people have good habits, while some others have bad habits. What we should do from now on is to make excellence a habit, be used to it, and make it our second nature. Let us get used to creative thinking, working carefully, treating others nicely, and appreciating the grand nature. (Open your eyes wide, breathe deeply but peacefully, and see the world as you were an infant).

欢迎到我的资料库下载
为您推荐
您可能想找: 气相色谱仪(GC) 询底价
专属顾问快速对接
立即提交
可能感兴趣
六脉神剑
结帖率:
100%
2 Life is a process
Getting result is important, but the process in doing it means more, as good results bring joy, but the process makes life rich. Death is thedestiny of every life, but we can't deduce from that to say life is meaningless. Eternity seldom exists in real life. When a college studenttells his love he'll love her forever, in most cases it turns out not true. Statistics found 90 out of 100 pairs of dating students ended up parting, and of those who did get married, 50% ended up divorcing. So islove perpetual? Perhaps not. It would be more truthful in saying "I really love you at the very moment of now." (Let the very moment last tobe a lifetime, and love would follow. But remember, all people are not as persistent as you are, forgive him, for it may be better to part intact than to be together unhappily) Your heart may be broken whenyour love leaves, but the pain becomes an experience which enriches your life.
六脉神剑
结帖率:
100%
3 The shortest distance between two dots is not alway a straight line
Either in people interaction or during the process of doing something, it's rather hard to get it right through a straight-forward approach. Wesometimes wait, sometimes cooperate, and sometimes need tactics. There are difficulties and obstacles to overcome, and unnecessary enduring and simply rushing to the point is not always the best way. Consider detour, detouring a difficulty could solve a problem more smoothly than you thought it could. Think, don't we even choose words when speaking to others? So in a society as complicated as China, learn to understand others, leaving an impression in others that you arekind and mature will help you accomplish something. (Sigh, has it to beso complicated?)
六脉神剑
结帖率:
100%
4 Only one who knows to stop can accelerate
When I ski, the most scary feeling is having no idea of how to stop. I did not hire a coach when I first learned to ski, because it seemed so easy when looking at others do it - simply going down from top to the bottom of the hill! So I put on my snow board, and down I went. I actually rolled, instead of ski, down to the bottom. I found I was totally at a loss of knowing how to stop or keep balance, so I practicedover and over again just to learn to stop on a slope. When I learned it, I became bold enough to dash down from top of a mountain, at a very high speed. Because at this point you know for sure whenever you want to stop, you can by simply making a turn. And when you are able to stop, you will not hit a tree or a rock or someone else, you won't end up crashing dead. So, only one who knows to stop can advance speedily.
六脉神剑
结帖率:
100%
5 To give up is wisdom, and a defect is a gift
When you have 6 apples, don't eat them all, because when you eat them up, you have them in your belly, and you are left with only one taste, the taste of the apple. But if you share 5 of your apples with 5 people,it looks that you lose 5, but you actually earn friendship and favor from 5 other people. When one day they have more fruit, they would sharethem with you. You would get a tangerine from A, a pear from B, and at the end of the day you get fruit of 5 different kinds, all different tastes and different colors, and 5 people's friendship as well. So, to give up is a wisdom. (Holding on is of course another, not everything can be given up, so wisdom is knowing what to give up andwhat to hold on.)The greatest pleasure in life is to strive for what you want and finallyget 'em, so defects can mean we still have room to perfect, and things for us to strive for. In the United States there was once a teleplay which told a story of a millionaire who left his offsprings with a patrimony so huge that it could never be used up. But his descendants either became drug users, committed suicide, were put to jail, or ended up insane. And why is that? Because the descendants are left more than enough money that they needed not work to get what they want. So when one has everything in his wish list, the living space is deprived from him. How nice it would be when we wake up in the moring only to find there's something missing, something that needs to be perfected, and something that still worth pursuing! (There are holes to the heaven and earth, let alone in us! Isn't it a good thing for us to have room to perfect?)
六脉神剑
结帖率:
100%
各位有兴趣可以把你翻译的也帖上来啊,供大家欣赏!
下周我才会把我下载到的译文上传呢!
六脉神剑
结帖率:
100%
深海的海豚
结帖率:
100%
原文由 quanbaogang 发表:
从网上看到一个短文,英语优美且颇具哲理,恰好有学有余力者附上了优美的译文,自己不敢独享!
为了吊大家的胃口,先给出英文,然后给出译文,让你看看是否理解对了?另外译者的水准是否很高!!
1 Excellence is a habit
Aristotle, the greatest philosopher of ancient Greece, once said this. If excellence is a habit, laziness, then, is too. People have different tempers from their nature by the time they were born, but all other traits are shaped after that, by family influence and nurture.Therefore, what we say and do are habits accrued by time. Some people have good habits, while some others have bad habits. What we should do from now on is to make excellence a habit, be used to it, and make it our second nature. Let us get used to creative thinking, working carefully, treating others nicely, and appreciating the grand nature. (Open your eyes wide, breathe deeply but peacefully, and see the world as you were an infant).

欢迎到我的资料库下载

试着翻译一下:古希腊最伟大的哲学家亚里士多德曾经这样说:如果美德是一种习惯,那么怠惰也同样是一种习惯。 人们与生俱来就带有不同的性情,但是由于家庭的影响和教育会让人们形成之后的各自不同的品性。 因此,我们自然产生了说话和做事的习惯。一些人有着好习惯而另一些人却有坏习惯。 那么我们从现在开始就要习惯于培养良好的习惯,并且把它塑造成我们的后来的天性。让我们习惯创造性的思考,认真工作,友善的对待他人,感激大自然的恩赐。(睁大你的双眼,平静而又深深地呼吸,像你出生时那样观察这个世界)
呵呵,勉强能读通,期待看到高人的译文。
深海的海豚
结帖率:
100%
2 Life is a process
Getting result is important, but the process in doing it means more, as good results bring joy, but the process makes life rich. Death is thedestiny of every life, but we can't deduce from that to say life is meaningless. Eternity seldom exists in real life. When a college studenttells his love he'll love her forever, in most cases it turns out not true. Statistics found 90 out of 100 pairs of dating students ended up parting, and of those who did get married, 50% ended up divorcing. So islove perpetual? Perhaps not. It would be more truthful in saying "I really love you at the very moment of now." (Let the very moment last tobe a lifetime, and love would follow. But remember, all people are not as persistent as you are, forgive him, for it may be better to part intact than to be together unhappily) Your heart may be broken whenyour love leaves, but the pain becomes an experience which enriches your life.

生命是一个过程
结果的获得固然重要,而获得结果的过程则有着更大的意义。 正如好的结果会给人带来喜悦,而实现的过程则会让生命充实丰富。虽然死亡是每个生命命中注定的,但是我们不能因此而推断生命毫无意义。 真实生活中是不存在永生的。当一个男生告诉一个女生他会永远爱她,大多数情况很难变成现实,统计表明,被调查的100对学生中超过90对最终都以分手结束,即使走进了婚姻殿堂,他们中的50%最终也会离婚。(如果让“此时此刻”持续一生的时间,爱就会持续一生。但是,请记住,所有的人都不会保持现在的状态恒久不变。原谅他吧,完好的分手可能比不快乐的呆在一起更好。)当你爱的人离开你的时候,你的心可能会破碎,但是这种伤痛会变成一种经历,丰富你的人生。

感觉有点伤感噢,先翻到这里好了,晚上继续。
深海的海豚
结帖率:
100%
原文由 quanbaogang 发表:
3 The shortest distance between two dots is not alway a straight line
Either in people interaction or during the process of doing something, it's rather hard to get it right through a straight-forward approach. Wesometimes wait, sometimes cooperate, and sometimes need tactics. There are difficulties and obstacles to overcome, and unnecessary enduring and simply rushing to the point is not always the best way. Consider detour, detouring a difficulty could solve a problem more smoothly than you thought it could. Think, don't we even choose words when speaking to others? So in a society as complicated as China, learn to understand others, leaving an impression in others that you are kind and mature will help you accomplish something. (Sigh, has it to be so complicated?)

3. 两点之间并非直线最短
无论人与人的交往还是我们做事的过程中,很难直接到达目的。有的时候,我们需要等待;有的时候,我们需要合作;而有的时侯,需要战术策略。不必要的坚持和一味的向前冲并非总是克服困难和跨越障碍的最好的方式。绕道而行,你会发现困难和障碍变得更容易解决了。好好想一想吧,为什么我们和他人交流时不选择一下说话的方式呢?在当今复杂的中国社会里,学着去理解其他人,给他人留下亲切和成熟的印象将会有助于你完成你的目标。(唉,这么说会不会让人觉得很难理解呢?)

译的不恰当的地方欢迎楼主和大家指正。
happyjyl
结帖率:
100%
原文由 lqqer 发表:
试着翻译一下:古希腊最伟大的哲学家亚里士多德曾经这样说:如果美德是一种习惯,那么怠惰也同样是一种习惯。 人们与生俱来就带有不同的性情,但是由于家庭的影响和教育会让人们形成之后的各自不同的品性。 因此,我们自然产生了说话和做事的习惯。一些人有着好习惯而另一些人却有坏习惯。 那么我们从现在开始就要习惯于培养良好的习惯,并且把它塑造成我们的后来的天性。让我们习惯创造性的思考,认真工作,友善的对待他人,感激大自然的恩赐。(睁大你的双眼,平静而又深深地呼吸,像你出生时那样观察这个世界)
呵呵,勉强能读通,期待看到高人的译文。

不错啊.但是but all other traits are shaped after that, by family influence and nurture这句里没有把all这个意思翻译出来,再改进一下吧.

说个私人话题,谢谢你在GC版里的回复
猜你喜欢最新推荐热门推荐更多推荐
品牌合作伙伴