stargazer
结帖率:
100%
关注:0 |粉丝:0
新手级: 新兵
该帖子已被一抹冰蓝设置为精华; 奖励积分记录: 一抹冰蓝(10分)
Referrence:
http://culture.163.com/special/00280030/0610baobao.html

Can free hugs make China a better place? I strongly doubt that. Here are my reasons:

First, insecurity is the main reason why people care less for others. I remember 10 years ago, there was a plumber who knocked at our door and asking for some cement as we had just fixed our kitchen. There was only me at home. I let him in and gave him some. Then my dad came back and he scolded me harshly for I opened the door to a stranger. “What if he is a bad guy!” my dad was very angry that he yelled at me. That was the first time I learnt something that is totally different from the textbooks. As I grew up, I heard lots of bad things, including one of my childhood friends was murdered on one lantern festival. After I entered collage, I constantly heard my classmates complaining of loss of money, cell phones or even laptops. Our community is no longer a safe place. So as long as such situation continues, there is no way for strangers to be trusted. It is a serious social problem. Can it be canceled by free hugs? No way.

Second, there are too many frauds that used people’s sympathy. Look at the beggars sitting on the overpasses in Guangzhou, can you tell which one is a real beggar? I am afraid that your possibility of making a correct guess is too low. They all look so poor, so dirty and in need of your help. But even the media had revealed that many of them were even richer than you and me. Not to mention many people received wrong treatments and misunderstanding from the people they helped. Some mean people even laugh at the one who are willing to help others as a fool. These disappointed many warm hearts. Can a simple hug heal the hurts? I don’t see.

And personally, I do not like body contact with strangers. Hugs are supposed to be given to friends, not strangers. Even in America, people hug each other more frequently than Chinese do. They seldom hug strangers. Free hugs giving away would seem to be weird and unnatural, especially in a country like China where hug is not a part of tradition. I am not saying that we do not need love, tender and caring for others. But there are more urgent things to be done to restore the trust and harmony among people. Before that, free hug giving away is but an eye-catching show without meanings.

So what's your opinion?
为您推荐
您可能想找: 气相色谱仪(GC) 询底价
专属顾问快速对接
立即提交
可能感兴趣
深海的海豚
结帖率:
100%
I agree with your point of view.
可能每个人心里都有美好的愿望,所以有这样的活动或者组织是可以理解也是应该得到支持的,现在的社会是这样的,你可以不去做,但是也应该给别人留下想到就做的空间。
也许拥抱很难解决什么问题,我们每个人可能很难向陌生人张开自己的双手,但是,如果如果有一个小孩伸开他的双手要你抱抱,应该是很开心的感觉吧!
如果形式上的东西被赋予了太多沉重的社会责任,那么再美好的东西也沉重的让人难以负担了。
楼主英语很好,下次我争取用英语回答,
happyjyl
结帖率:
100%
楼主是第一个在本版与网友分享原创作品的人,精神可嘉! 写得也很好,继续努力吧

有几处不足,与楼主商榷:
there was a plumber who knocked at our door and asking for some cement…….
点评:who后面的两个分句时态不一致。应改为who knocked at our door and asked for some cement…或who knocked at our door,asking for some cement….

my dad was very angry that he yelled at me.
点评:楼主是想说“父亲太愤怒了,所以向我吼叫”吧?这里应该用so … that…句型。在very …that…句型里,that引导的从句表示原因。例如:I was very angry that he tore up the contract.(他撕毁了合同,我感到很愤怒。)

That was the first time I learnt something that is totally different from the textbooks.
点评:“那是我第一次学到与书本教育完全不同的东西”,这里different from的对象不是教科书,而是教科书所教给学生的东西,所以应改为different from what I had learnt from textbooks(这里用过去完成时)。为避免句子冗长,可把that is 去掉,改为That was the first time I learnt something totally different from what I’d learnt from the textbooks.即便这样也还是太长了,最好将different from的对象改为一个短语,暂时还没想到合适的次,“textbook education”不知道是否合适,大家集思广益讨论一下吧。

As I grew up, I heard lots of bad things, including one of my childhood friends was murdered on one lantern festival.
点评:including后面是一个从句,应该用that来引导。改为including that…

It is a serious social problem. Can it be canceled by free hugs? No way.
点评:个人觉得这里用cancel不太恰当。cancel是指人为的取消,而非自然而然地消除。建议用eliminate或replace。例如:The introduction of firearms did not eliminate the sword but led to new designs.

时间有限,先看了第一段,欢迎大家一起来讨论。楼主很用心,希望多来本版做客!
stargazer
结帖率:
100%
今天偶然发现了仪器论坛还有一个英语的版块,很高兴。因为很喜欢英语,最近也在攻克专业英语的难关。。这是前几天看了这则新闻以后写的blog,也没有修改,出现了不少的错误。
谢谢你们的点评,前几条提得很中肯。
第一条我本来是想用“who knocked at the door, asking..."呵呵,算是一个typo.如果加上and的话就必须用asked了。
我想,把“书本教育”改成“education"就足够了,而且简洁。不知道还有没有更好的建议。
关于cancel,我觉得这个用法是完全可以的。曾经听老外用cancel表达非人为的“消除”
在词典里找的cancel例句:
These arguments cancel (each other) out.
不同的争论(彼此)势均力敌.
happyjyl
结帖率:
100%
哈哈,又遇到一个志同道合的啦!cancel的用法我没查过字典,你说的很有道理。以后经常来吧
现在开始学GC
结帖率:
100%
楼主不错哦,很有心,希望以后常来支持我们板块

有一个小小错误,"what if he is a bad guy",能想到这个句型很不容易,不过再想想的话,这句应该是虚拟语气吧,呵呵,自己改掉吧
happyjyl
结帖率:
100%
原文由 emma217 发表:
楼主不错哦,很有心,希望以后常来支持我们板块

有一个小小错误,"what if he is a bad guy",能想到这个句型很不容易,不过再想想的话,这句应该是虚拟语气吧,呵呵,自己改掉吧

emma,这点我跟你意见不同哦。虚拟语气是用在与事实相反的情况下,例如有一首歌叫做“What if God was one of us”,God不可能是我们的一员,所以可以用what if。但楼主文章里的水管工可能是good guy,也可能是bad guy,所以不能用虚拟语气。what if 与真实条件句的组合也有很多,例如What if tomorrow rains?
stargazer
结帖率:
100%
I don't know grammer rules. By reading your comments I've learnt a lot. Thanks. I suggest that we use English to post. Isn't it a good way to practice?
happyjyl
结帖率:
100%
原文由 Stargazer 发表:
I don't know grammer rules. By reading your comments I've learnt a lot. Thanks. I suggest that we use English to post. Isn't it a good way to practice?

Absolutely
tututututu
结帖率:
100%
I have looked through the text! It is very good for us to practise english by this way though in it there are some mistakes!
猜你喜欢最新推荐热门推荐更多推荐
品牌合作伙伴