主题:[转帖]Hazardous Laboratory Chemicals Disposal Guide(3rd Edition)

浏览0 回复7 电梯直达
瓢虫
结帖率:
100%
关注:0 |粉丝:0
新手级: 新兵
致各位朋友:
      现在有一本对实验室工作人员的安全非常有用的图书——Hazardous Laboratory Chemicals Disposal Guide(3rd Edition,A CRC Press Company),放在你的面前。如果你不加以珍惜,不去下载,将来怀着遗憾的心情四处求索的时候,一定会后悔莫及。那时候,你才痛心疾首地说:“请lintianyi再发一次吧,我一定珍惜这次机会。如果一定要给这个决定添加一个期限,我会说是‘五十年’,”那就太晚了。呵呵……

作      者:Margaret-Ann Armour
      出版年份:2003

Preface to the Third Edition
      The information contained in this guide has been compiled from sources believed to be reliable, accurate, and representative of the best opinion on the subject as of 2002. While every reasonable effort has been made to provide dependable information, I cannot assume responsibility for the
validity or completeness of all chemical references given or for the consequences of their use.
      The first three editions of this book were printed at the University of Alberta. In 1990, the book was published by Lewis Publishers/CRC Press. This is the third edition from the current publisher. The information contained in the first University of Alberta edition was compiled from published material. The second and third University of Alberta editions incorporated new or modified methods for spillage and waste disposal developed in my laboratory. The development and testing of procedures
for disposal of small waste or surplus quantities of hazardous chemicals in my laboratory is ongoing. Thus, the previous CRC Press edition included 50 additional entries of chemicals that are animal carcinogens. This edition incorporates 15 chemicals used as pesticides.
      I express my gratitude to two colleagues who collaborated in the initiation and early stages of this project. They are Dr. Lois Browne of the Department of Chemistry, University of Alberta, and Gordon Weir of Environmental Health and Safety at the University of Alberta. Without their help and support, this book would not have been possible. Rosemary Bacovsky, a pharmacist especially interested in the disposal of chemotherapeutic drugs, was instrumental in encouraging us to work
in this area. The work of developing and testing the disposal methods was undertaken by a team of researchers who also contributed many excellent suggestions and discussions. They include Katherine Ayer, Yvgenia Briker, Hu-Mui Chang, John Crerar, Paul Cumming, William Hunter, Roger Klemm, Jonathan Konrad, Daria Kotovych, Asya Linetsky, Shiraz Merali, Carmen Miller, Carolyn Nelson, Sabina Qureshi, Patricia Rose, Gerard Spytkowski, and Richard Young. I am particularly grateful to Donna Ashick, now at the University of British Columbia, who was involved in the project for over 8 years, both in the practical aspects and in the preparation of the early editions of the guide. Much of the editing work for the second CRC Press edition was done by Sara Salmon; Dr. William Hunter has assisted with the updating of references for this edition. I thank the Chemistry
Department at the University of Alberta for infrastructure support and many helpful discussions with its members.
      The manuscript was originally entered into a database by Lu Ziola. Diane Dowhaniuk edited the previous editions. The changes to this edition have been entered by Annabelle Wiseman, and her efficiency and willingness to work long hours to meet deadlines are much appreciated. Dr. Kay Simpson, formerly of the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, directed the checking of several of the waste disposal procedures.
      The project has been funded by research grants from the Heritage Grant Program of Alberta Occupational Health and Safety, the Alberta Environmental Research Trust, and the Environmental Partners Program of Environment Canada. Funds have also been received from the Waste Management Branch of Alberta Environmental Protection, and summer students were supported by the Alberta and federal governments through their summer employment programs.
      Finally, I have appreciated reactions from readers of the previous editions of this guide. Many of the suggestions have been incorporated into this edition. Comments are solicited on any aspect of the book, and suggestions for chemicals that might be included in future editions are welcome.

Hazardous Laboratory Chemicals Disposal Guide(3rd Edition)
为您推荐
您可能想找: 气相色谱仪(GC) 询底价
专属顾问快速对接
立即提交
可能感兴趣
clairewb
结帖率:
100%
关注:0 |粉丝:0
新手级: 新兵
感谢搂主,非常好的资料,信息量非常大,且便于查询。收藏了。
wayen_wht